Fixing a Mistake with the Vents

I've always tried to be honest about the good and the bad, so here goes another one. When I cut the fuselage side skins for the Vans NACA vents I accidently attached the template facing the wrong direction. This made the cutout completely unusable.

To correct this, I decided to make a cover that would conceal the "extra" cutout. Additionally, to ensure the vent would stay put, I made a doubler ring for the inside and used a few rivets to hold everything in place. Overall, the fix turned out pretty well. When anyone asks about the cover plates, I'll tell them it was done on purpose as one of my many custom touches!

NOTE:  photos link to full size image


NOTE: If you do not see a menu frame on the left, click here to reload the full page.
Updated: 15 Nov 13